It used to be that all you had to do to sell your home was put a sign in the yard filled with fliers. Not so anymore in today’s modern Real Estate market. Agents must be equipped with the latest tools and knowledge to succeed in a successful marketing campaign of your home. With the success of the internet and broadband connections now in most American households, one of the first places potential buyers go to do their initial home shopping is online. Having an agent who is knowledgeable with online as well as physical marketing methods is essential to the success of your home’s sale. Below are some of the methods used to pro-actively market your home.
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS): As a member of the National Association of Realtors and the Houston Association of Realtors, one of the most powerful marketing tools available to the modern agent is the listing of your home through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) system. This service is essentially a large database that catalogs and lists all the homes and property for sale or lease within the area. This database is also typically the primary source of content for all secondary homes listing websites, providing substantial online presence for your homes sale or lease. Below are some of the benefits of using an agent with access to the MLS system.
- Assignment of an MLS number, to locate your home easily within the database.
- Search-able database of homes for real estate professionals and potential buyers.
- Accurate, descriptive information about your home’s features and benefits.
- Color photos of your home for viewing.
- Offers agents details on the contract terms and commission.
- Realtor access to seller’s disclosures, survey and floor-plan (if available).
- Online exposure through 100’s of websites 24/7.
- Online Marketing: When your home is listed through the MLS database, it is immediately submitted to 100’s of third party real estate sites. Your home will be exposed to millions of potential buyers within hours of it becoming available on the market, through such sites as: Realtor.com, Yahoo.com, HAR.com, Move.com, etc.
- Informative Home Flier: Your home will receive a professional information flier, featuring descriptive details about your home, photos and contact information.
- Yard Sign & Flier Box: One of the most utilized and effective ways of marketing your home’s sale is through the use of a yard sign. Providing information and contact options, it announces to your neighbors and any passersby that your home is currently on the market. In addition with a conveniently placed weather resistant flier dispenser, any interested buyers will have immediate access to details, price, floor-plan and contact information. Contact on the yard sign includes broker’s phone, direct contact numbers, and website. With a sign property placed it will encourage potential buyers to schedule an appointment to see the property.
- Direct Agent Marketing: According to national statistics, roughly 86% of all homes sold throughout the United States are with the assistance of a Real Estate professional. With this in mind we notify our fellow agents through electronic and physical marketing of new listings, reductions, bonuses, etc. to encourage interest and showings for our sellers.
- Open Houses: Are scheduled and marketed to the community, then hosted by professional real estate agent who is knowledgeable about your home and there to answer any questions for potential buyers.
- Print Media, News Ads and Real Estate Publications: To increase exposure of your home to those that may not have access to the internet, we place adverts in multiple community publications with photography, pricing, descriptions and contact information.